Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Black and White Wednesday

the long road

I am still not back into the full swing of blogging. Nevertheless, Monday I felt inspired to take my camera out (for the first time in weeks) and shoot a few shots of the local almond orchards before all the blooms were gone. I thought that I had missed the peak of their beauty until I stumbled across this orchard where the blossom petals had created a solid blanket of "snow" on the ground. At that moment I realized that sometimes the best shots are not what you expect. I only wish that the camera could have captured the "snowfall" effect that I witnessed as the blossom petals continued to fall on their way to the ground. It was the most beautiful Spring snow I had ever seen.

And with that, here is my first entry into B/W wednesday.
Shafter Snow
If you click on the picture, it will take you to my flickr account. From there you can click on "all sizes" to see it larger.


Wanda said...

How gorgeous. We can see the mist of petals in the ditance. What a moment that must have been. Really beautiful capture Lori and perfect in b&w too.

I laughed though because the rest of us are booing the snow away while you are celebrating your version. (I'd still opt for your variety though.)


Shawna&Co. said...

What a great picture. It makes me want to walk down that path.
I sooo agree sometimes what you end up capturing is far greater than what you thought you wanted.

Thanks for playing along!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

HOORAY!! I am so happy that you ventured to pull out the camera and take some beautiful pics:)

This is a great it in black and white!!

Hope you will be back in the full swing soon!



Stepping On Cheerios said...

Gorgeous. A Postcard!

Leah and Maya said...

Gorgeous picture!!!! glad you are back, still jealous of your beach vacation.

Marla said...

Oh my word, absolutely gorgeous!!! I love it!

Lisa said...

For some reason it reminds of Robert Frost's poem, "The Road Not Taken" or is it, "less traveled"...ack..sorry! But its a favorite of mine and this captures it beautifully!

What an enchanting walk that would be in any season!


Sephysmomma said...

Love the picture!!

Donna said...

If there was a "winner", this photo would be it! I love it! I'm also a bit curious to see what it looked like in color.


Our Blog: Double Happiness!

Ellie said...

It is so fun when you capture something unexpected - this is so pretty! I really love the symmetry in addition to the "snow" :)

jen said...

Beatiful. Thanks for sharing. Nice visual.