Friday, October 31, 2008

I've Been Hiding

We have been taking pictures all week and many adorable moments have passed undocumented. I just didn't make the time to post about them. Today is Halloween and Pearl's school was having "Pajama Day", so she went to school in her pajamas. Dad and I almost didn't believe Pearl when she told us what she was supposed to wear, and Dad was poised and ready to rush her back home for a quick change of clothes in case she was the only kid in KG in her pajamas. As it turned out, I think a lot of other parents didn't believe it either because only about 20% of the kids went to class in PJs. Hey, I kind of like this. It sure makes the morning soooooo much simpler. Maybe we could have pajama day once a week :-)

Chloe's preschool sent home a note that she could wear her costume to school today. Well, if you had seen her costume (keep reading, there's a link to follow), you would understand that that wouldn't be a practical idea. So we decided to improvise. Chloe and Pearl were in dance class all last year, but missed their final performance because Mom scheduled the summer vacation a week too early......ooops! (But the prices and availability in Hawaii were so much better the first week of June). Even though we were unable to attend the recital, I was still obligated to purchase two costumes for the girls for the event. Today was the perfect opportunity for Chloe to wear her recital outfit to preschool. She was so cute this morning. I will have to post pictures later this evening (I really mean tomorrow after I recover from Halloween).

And last, but NOT least, if you are still reading at this point, I will reward you with the following link to a wonderful photographer's blog who took great pictures of Pearl and Chloe last night in their Halloween Costumes in gale force winds.

7 comments:

day by day said...

lol! about the PJ day! I would have wondered, too. They should have sent a note to the parents, I guess. : )

The little red riding hood costume is adorable!!!!!

Happy Halloween!!

day by day said...

me again : ) The spanish princess costume is beautiful! Forgot to mention that.

Anonymous said...

Great to hear from you! The girls are adorable in their costumes and great improvisation with the dance costume! Can't wait to see more pics!
Happy Halloween!!!

mommy24treasures said...

what precious costumes!!!!
Yes pj day is a good idea~

Unknown said...

OMG! You are amazing! I literally gasped out loud seeing those pictures! Wow!

I think you have an amazing talent. You need to enter some of your items in contests!

Teresa

Anonymous said...

Where in the world did you learn to sew like that? Incredible costumes and so much work. Love the detail on the bodices.

candra said...

Thanks so much for the link! I was so happy that we braved the winds! The girls are so precious! Feel free to copy the posted pics from my blog until you get your cd. (Which will be ready by Monday. Call me and I can meet you with it.)