Thursday, June 04, 2009

Sunset Over the Almond Orchards

There were a few clouds in the sky this evening which is rare for June. I used the opportunity to practice taking pictures and give my new tripod a workout. It wasn't really as nice as I was hoping for, but a little bit of playing around in Lightroom and Photoshop made this picture a lot more impressive. I used two different exposures and then layered the images over each other, using the sky from one shot and the greenery from another.
Sunset Over the Almond Orchards

4 comments:

Jill said...

WOW! Gorgeous photo!
INCREDIBLE blog header as well! The pics of the girls are stunning!

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

Oh my! Breathtaking!!!

Anonymous said...

Boy your going to have to come back to San Jose and show me how to use those tools. I am cheap and have downloaded the photoshop imitator called Paint.net and another called Gimp. But they are so complicated that I don't use them that much. Mostly I have been using Infraview. It is a fairly powerful graphics editor but nothing like Photo Shop. I really am impressed with the results of your efforts. Your cousin,
Bruce

Marla said...

Wow, this is so beautiful! Great job!!