Sunday, October 18, 2009

Grandpa's Birthday and a Trip to the Pumpkin Patch

Sunday morning brought the annual family gathering to celebrate Grandpa's birthday. We met up at a favorite local Mexican restaurant and had a fun festive time with the usual games and players. There is something comforting in repeating a regular family tradition. It was very dark in the restaurant and I don't have a nice flash for my camera, so these pictures aren't among my best. I had to Photoshop a lot of the shiny flash off of people's faces, glasses, lips and teeth. Thank goodness for "denoise" software.

After brunch, we headed to the hills to visit a farm where the girls could pet some animals and then pick out pumpkins. It was HOT!!!! AGAIN!!! Not only was it hot, but it was also crowded and there were long lines......3 things I usually try to avoid at all costs. I think this is the hottest October I can ever remember. I guess we will bear almost anything to build fond memories for our girls. I think it was a big success and they were quite pleased with their pumpkins.
Berkeley and her mother Jane

The whole crew, mostly.

Grandpa admires his cake.

Cousin Cassie flashes a smile.

Later at the pumpkin patch.






4 comments:

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

Very beautiful images of a very beautiful day!!!

Wanda said...

I know what you mean by needing an external flash - you however managed to get some great shots.

And I love your editing. (I'm taking an on-line workshop with PFP soon and I can't wait.)

Donna said...

Lovely photos! The one of Cousin Cassie is especially beautiful. And, of course, Chloe and Pearl can't take a bad picture!

I've been playing with LightRoom and loving it! I think I'll go get a book that helps to illustrate some of the effects. So far, my favorite part is the exposure adjustment. Why can't all photo editing software have that?

Donna
Our Blog: Double Happiness!

Hannah said...

Those are amazing pictures. I love the washes and editing you do. Just amazing! I really (really) need to learn some of those tricks!