Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Happy Scarecrow Day

In case you hadn't heard, today is Scarecrow Day. Well, at least it is at Pearl's school. Chloe has a little cold, so we kept her out of school today.

I am not sure what the significance of this all is, but it meant Dad had to run to Target to buy Pearl some boy's clothes that she probaby won't ever wear again. The kids put on a special performance today for the parents (that were able to come at 8:30 in the morning) singing songs and dressing up. I managed to escape from work for a brief time to sneak a peak on the show. It sure is wonderful to have my home and work within 1 mile of the girls' school.

I took a few cute shots of Pearl before school. When we stepped outside and looked up, the sky was full of vultures riding the currents in the air. It is quite a sight to see over 60 giant birds circling your home. The picture below only shows about a third of them. I guess this means it isn't Scare-vulture day.





12 comments:

Jill said...

Pearl is adorable! The cutest little scarecrow! Glad you could sneak away for a minute to get a piece of the action. Hope Chloe is feeling better soon!

Carolin said...

Oh dear, she looks adorable in her boy clothes!

Leah Maya Benjamin said...

that is one cute scarecrow! I love the picture of the vultures it is beautiful almost like bats.

Dori's Mommy (Diana) said...

Very cute!

Arena Mom said...

What stunning pictures! She is just adorable!

Cheri said...

Beautiful pictures!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Oh how cute!! She is the most adorable scarecrow I have ever seen.....

Hope Chloe is feeling better soon!

Lisa

Kelly And Allison said...

I have never heard of Scarecrow day. Now, I know. I think it is cute. Beautiful pictures as always.

Wanda said...

Pearl does makes a great scarecrow. Love the hat.

Is the sky really that color or did you work your magic?
:)

Sharyn said...

How cute! Great costume!

Somewhere In The Sun said...

She is the cutest scarecrow I have ever seen!!

~Lynn

tiffany said...

Oh my goodness. So cute. The photos you got are worth some boy clothes that will only be worn once! :)