Saturday, February 05, 2011

Blue Lily Go Pro Workshop


Well, as usual I am still a bit behind in the blogging world. But now that I have a moment, I am going to tell you what I did last weekend. It was AWESOME.

In case you don't know who Blue Lily is, I will just have to say that they are the most amazing husband and wife photography team, artists, geniuses, gods. OK, so maybe I am getting carried away, but you get my drift.

They hosted a workshop in a BEACHFRONT house in sunny SAN DIEGO, just to teach me and 11 other attendees how to launch a professional photography business, or at least, share ALL their most important secrets with us. Now, I don't plan on going pro anytime soon, but I do want to step up my game for a possible post-retirement second career.

After giving us the scoop, they set up several photo shoots for us to learn and build a portfolio from. After all, who's gonna hire you to take wedding pictures if you don't have any wedding pictures to show? I think there's a chicken and egg analogy in there somewhere. Fortunately, we have this mystery solved, as a wonderful married couple of 5 years, graciously agreed to done their wedding attire and let us shoot away.

Thank you Wendy and Tyler for the most incredible weekend packed full of information and delivered with a humorous style that kept me laughing and awake. Here are some images from this adventure.



2 comments:

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

Breathtaking!!! :)

Leah Maya Benjamin said...

how cool! I would just like to take a class to get me up to speed.