Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A Mini-Vacation


This past weekend we took a little trip to our favorite vacation spot, Carmel By The Sea, California. Friday evening and Saturday were playtime at the beach. Sunday we traveled to San Jose to see Cousin Bruce and friends Maddy and Gwenny. On Monday we took the day off and on our way home we stopped off to visit Betty Chu and her gloriously beautiful English Angora rabbits. After that, we spent the whole day at Gilroy Gardens. This place must be one of California's best kept secrets because this theme park with over 40 rides and attractions was nearly empty. We had the whole place to ourselves and didn't have to wait in any lines all day long. The girls had so much fun that we will surely have to return. I think the best part of it is the drive is only a few minutes further than to Disneyland, but without all the crazy traffic. In my opinion, this park blows away Legoland.

I guess that pretty much sums it up, so now I will just post a few pictures from our adventures. I noticed that on this post and the previous one, my pictures are coming out a little pixely, so I will just have to go back and load them differently.
A gorgeous Carmel Sunset
A friendly pelican
A hydrangea at the Barnyard
Chloe, Maddy, Pearl and Gwenny right before a swim.
Visiting Cousins Bruce and Lorene
Pearl poses with Swanka, a white English Angora rabbit
Chloe and Pearl hold a baby angora
Chloe on a ride at Gilroy Gardens Amusement Park
A circus tree

6 comments:

tiffany said...

Oh my goodness I am in love with those fluff ball rabbits! and those beautiful girls...and that beach! Looks like you had a great time.

Kelly And Allison said...

Great beach shoots. I always want to go visit Carmel By The Sea. I heard it is beyond beautiful. And, the rabbit, sooooo cute. Girls are very cute as always.

The Animator's Wife said...

Gorgeous sunsets!

linda cassella said...

HI Lori and Pete your bueatiful girls show so much love in thier faces. I show English Angoras...please email me ...my name is Linda Cassella and I would love to talk to you about your Angoras when you had them......your progress and devotion to the breed is legendary. I have had rabbits related to some of yours. thank you

Dori's Mommy (Diana) said...

Amazing photographs! So cute seeing the girls with Gwen & Maddy!

mommy24treasures said...

so pretty! I love that sunset.
I love the tree too!