Saturday, May 16, 2009

Introducing the Umbrella Dress

I am back to work on my third design, which I call the Umbrella Dress. It has fantastic twirl appeal and does not use a lot of excess fabric. I am not totally satisfied with the design yet, so it will probably have some more variations before it actually goes into print. It is also very simple to make.

I was able to get Pearl out of the house to model this one for me; however, Chloe liked it a lot, so it will be her dress.
Pearl umbrella dress
Pearl umbrella dress 2
Pearl twirl

8 comments:

Jill said...

Gorgeous Lori! I am so jealous! I would love to learn to sew!
Hugs, Jill

mommy24treasures said...

ohhh I love it too! You sell your patterns right? I might have to get my mom to take a look, I am hopeless at sewing but she might could do it if it is as easy as you say:)
Good at photograpphy and sewing no fair!;)

the sun was SO intense the day of my wildflower photos there was not a lot of post processing I could do to them. It was a gorgeous day and SO bright.

Doug and Terrye said...

This dress has every thing I dreamed of as a little girl...oh the twirling it will do :)

Terrye in FL

Somewhere In The Sun said...

Lori, it's so pretty!! Very creative. I love the ruffled straps too!

~Lynn

Cheri said...

Beautiful dress! Kera would love it.

Bailey said...

This dress is gorgeous. My daughter just love dresses that twirl! That's the only way to dance!

Launa said...

Adorable! I just ordered the knot dress pattern....where are the hats like you sent Debbie for Li Li? To cute!

Thanks
~L

tiffany said...

That one would get an A++ from my twirling girls. :)