Friday, July 17, 2009

Fix It Friday


BEFORE PICTURE

AFTER PICTURE


As if I don't have enough of my own photos to edit, I thought I would participate this week in the I ♥ Faces "Fix-it Friday". This darling little angel captured my interest and I was determined to see what I could do with her picture.

Here's the breakdown:

Using Photoshop CS4 I first cropped the image down to where her hand just fit into the picture. I put up a strong (87%) gaussian blur over the image and then used a mask to bring back the clarity of the subject. I used a soft-edge brush and 33% opacity so that I could blend it evenly without any sharp edges.

Once the background was gone in a blur, I imported a pink scratchy texture (free on flickr) and again masked out the subject. The child was leaning a bit to the left, so I rotated the image 7 degrees.

Then I applied a frame overlay from the Pixel Fairy Princess and once again masked out most of the subject. I also brightened the eyes with curves (2nd step). I hope you like it.

For other great ideas on how to edit this picture, click here.

5 comments:

wenderful said...

Cute! I like the color you used for the background.

Sheila said...

I really like the background.

nancy said...

I really like it. I can't wait to try out some of the things you have done. Thanks for the ideas!

mommy24treasures said...

really great editing.

Donna said...

Okay, that seals the deal! I'm sending all my photos to you when I can't fix 'em! Is there anything you can't do? :)

Donna
Our blog: Double Happiness!