Sunday, July 19, 2009

While We've Been Away.................

.........a new family has taken over our home. I guess this is what happens when you leave a little extra cat food out for the pet when you go on vacation. Pearl was already asleep, but Chloe got to see these four baby raccoons and their mama hanging out in our avocado tree. Shortly after she fell asleep, I was able to take these pictures while sitting in the MIDDLE of my LIVING ROOM!

Until this past winter, I had never heard of raccoons in our area. It is a hot dry climate with little vegetation. On Superbowl Sunday, we had the priviledge to spot the largest raccoon I had ever seen. He was one BIG boy! I guess since then, he's been busy. I hate to call the wildlife control, but our next door neighbor has been complaining about her expensive coi missing from her pond. She probably doesn't have any left by now.

No wonder our cat Marty is so skinny.

4 comments:

Jill said...

Hmmmm, time to bring the kitty inside perhaps? LOL!
As damaging as wildlife can be...they are still cute as buttons. Good luck!
Hugs, Jill

Somewhere In The Sun said...

Wow, that is kind of freaky! The pictures almost look like a painting. Hopefully they won't hang around long.

~Lynn

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

Amazing!!! What great shots!

Donna said...

I've always thought raccoons are some of the most beautiful creatures! But they can sure be a pest!

How did you take those photos from the middle of your livingroom?

Donna
Our blog: Double Happiness!