Monday, July 06, 2009

Our Second Day in London

This day was full of touring from morning until night. I spent a long time preparing for this trip. I even purchased two new lenses and a mini-tripod for my camera. One of the lenses was very expensive. Much to my dismay, I had inadvertently packed my old lens instead of my new lens............arggggggg! Fortunately, the other new lens I packed was awesome! I used it everywhere. It is a super wide angle and in a city like London, that is definitely what I needed to capture the sights. Every time I aimed it at a monument or building, I got a big smile on my face when I realized I didn't have to step back to fit everything in the frame. The only drawback is the lack of close-ups of the family, but we can do those later. I have a lot more pictures to post, but for now, I have a private swimming appointment with the family in the Cotswolds! We'll share more about that later.
Chloe Pearl and Dad at St. Paul Cathedral
Pearl on the London Tour Bus
Chloe & Pearl in Front of St Paul Cathedral
Chloe at the Gates of Buckingham Palace
Family at Buckingham Palace
Doesn't Daisy look great?

6 comments:

mommy24treasures said...

ohhhh I am so sorry you forgot your lens.... Just take comfort in the fact there will be other occasions to use it.
These pics are GREAT:) Glad the weather looks like it is super agreeable for the trip:)

day by day said...

What wonderful pictures...looks like you are having a great time!!! Sorry about the lens...sounds just like something I would do. : )

Enjoy your time in London!!

Dori's Mommy (Diana) said...

GORGEOUS photos!

Donna said...

You all look fabulous!

So, what's the new lens? And which one are you using for your wide angles?

Donna
Our blog: Double Happiness!

Unknown said...

London looks lovely. Thank you so much for taking the time to share those pictures! Someday I will get to go there. I always wanted to go to China and I made it there, always wanted to go to Austria and made it there too. Odds are good that I can make it to London someday! I want to go to Ireland and Scotland too.

Keep those pictures coming! Love them!

The Animator's Wife said...

I was there 10 years ago and would LOVE to go back. These gorgeous picures are just making me covet it more! Very nice!