Friday, June 13, 2008

Northern Kauai & Tunnels Beach

The four storey building on the right was our condo. We were in the corner ground floor unit, next to the water's edge. The building on the left is the famed Beach House Restaurant. That is where we ate our best meal so far.

We stayed at Poipu Beach on the southern tip of Kauai. Our first day out, Chris and I took a helicopter ride over the entire island. It was beautiful, but I was sick to my stomach the whole ride. That was our first time in a helicopter and each time I focused on the camera to take a picture, I was reminded of my sensitive stomach. We survived without having to relieve ourselves (Chris was sick too) and decided that we were glad that we didn't take Pete and the kids.

On our second day here, we traveled all the way to the northern point. The beach at the end of the road is Ke'e beach, but it was so full of people, that we turned back and stopped at Tunnels Beach, just two beaches down and much prettier.

Chloe and Pearl at a Hanelei Valley overlook.



Beautiful Tunnels Beach

Pearl running on the beach.

Pearl playing

Chloe playing

Chloe, Dad, Pearl & Chris

No comments: