Saturday, September 20, 2008

"Best In The West"




The title of this post is the theme to this years' fair. I must admit that I do not look forward to this time of year and would completely avoid the fair entirely if I didn't think my girls would love it. I don't like dust or crowds or heat, all very prevalent at the local fair. But I promised myself and my husband to put on a smile for the day and enjoy my free time away from my sewing machine (waaaaaaa)

I cannot figure out what it was, but this was the most fun I have ever had at the fair. The weather was cooler than usual, only in the high 70s (still hot in the sun). The air seemed cleaner and everything looked better, newer and nicer. Chloe and Pearl enjoyed every minute and behaved like perfect little ladies the whole time. No "I want that, I wanna do this, I want I want I want". It was such a joy to watch these girls utter their appreciation time and time again. People stopped us to give our girls compliments and Chloe and Pearl used their best manners.

We enjoyed the animals, the food and the rides, but most of all Mom and Dad enjoyed the smiles and laughter on their two precious daughter's faces.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree with your thoughts on fairs but I have always gone with Scott and the girls because they loved it so much- that was a few years ago. We haven't taken EllaKate but from the looks of your girls, she would probably love it!!! I know she would love the face painting. Your daughters are so beautiful! What a perfect family day!!! Have a great Sunday!