Sunday, September 14, 2008

Forget Me Knot Dress



I looked long and hard for a pattern for a knot dress. This style is very popular right now in some of the online boutique shops and specialty clothing stores. When I couldn't find the perfect pattern, I decided to create my own. Since I've made this dress several times now, I decided that I am going to try and sell the pattern to other crafters who are also interested in making a knot dress. I worked hard to develop my own design after looking at images from different dresses and styles. I am almost finished with the pattern and the instructions and should have it available in a week or so.

I needed to make at least one more dress so that I could take photos of the construction process to go along with the directions. After I completed the dress, I couldn't wait to take some pictures of Chloe wearing it. She was so excited to have a new dress and she wanted to have her picture taken. So many of the pictures turned out great, that I couldn't just pick a couple for the blog. I had to make a slide show. Chloe was in rare form this morning. If you're wondering where Pearl is, Dad took her to the store.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an adorable dress!!! I love the knot dress- I just met another friend who has begun sewing for a business and she makes knot dresses too. Your little girl is so cute in it! How hard would it be to make it if you are a straight seam only seamstress with hardly any knowledge of sewing? Just a question... I would love to sew some things for EllaKate myself. Both of your daughters are beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

You are one talented girl!!!! That is awesome. And you daughters ~ wow are they ever precious!

mommy24treasures said...

oh I love this one! Very pretty.

Lauren and Ed said...

First of all, I have decided you need to open a boutique and have the girls do fashion shows for your store...you would make millions! :)Great work! Secondly, keep me posted on the eye dr. Be sure you get a referral for a ped. opthamologist versus and optometrist. Hopefully, it is nothing, but even if it is, the treatment is a piece of cake! :)

Jill said...

Are you selling these dresses? I want one!

Laine said...

Really adorable! I've noticed how they have become very popular! I also sew, nursing covers, and am on etsy! So are you just selling the pattern or are you making them to sell? My daughter LOVES dresses, and I thought it might be a good way to allow her to wear them year round. We are coming up to a very cold winter, so I will be thinking. I'm not very experienced with sewing yet.. but working on it! btw- your daughters are beautiful girls!

blessed2bamom1995 said...

Help! I need a pattern larger than a size 5. I can only sew simple things so not sure I could enlarge the pattern
Jackie

Marcy Dunaway said...

I came across your blog while searching for a Forget-Me-Knot dress pattern to make for my daughter, Neely Kate......who was also adopted from China! :-) Love the dress...can't wait to make one!
Marcy
(haven't blogged since we've been home but it is ourpearblossom.blogspot.com if you are interested!)