Thursday, February 26, 2009

Deadlines and Almond Blossoms

PCcomputeredit

Today was a little rough at work (again). I have been grappling with bureaucratic paperwork and looming deadlines. It means over $100,000 income to my little town and I would be in deep you-know-what if something went wrong. I went in early and worked through lunch. I had to get the huge stack of paperwork in the overnight mail by 3 PM. I just barely squeeked by with a finish time of 2:30 PM. I have been working on this project for years (even before we went to China to pick up Pearl) and I wasn't the one dragging my heels all this time.

After finishing that up, I had plenty of other things to catch up on the rest of the day, but silly me, I took a big deep breath and left work early. Then we picked Chloe up early from daycare. It feels so fantastic to have one less burden on my shoulders.

Last night I took a picture of the girls playing on the computer. I just loved the way the sunlight was coming into the dining room, lighting up the grandfather clock, and how Pearl's yellow bow matched the yellow flowers on the table. The girls picked those flowers out for me for my birthday.

I also went scampering out into the almond orchards about a block from our home. I will include a few of those photos too.
IMG_0790
IMG_0809
IMG_0794
IMG_0803

2 comments:

mommy24treasures said...

oh so pretty! I am soooo ready for some pretty blooms and for things to look alive again..... Its around another month for us.

Mamacita said...

All of the shots are amazing!