Saturday, September 12, 2009

Fixit Friday #28

BEFORE

AFTER (click on picture for a larger view)



This is another fun editing exercise from I ♥ faces.

Well, I am a day late working on this edit exercise, but this little baby was so adorable, that when I laid eyes upon her on Saturday, I had to give it a go anyway. I used Photoshop CS4 for the entire operation. First, I used Curves to lighten up the eyes and darken the lips. I sharpened the eyes, lightened the exposure of the eye shadows and cleaned up some of the food on baby's face. Next I used a plug-in called Topaz Adjust to smooth the skin. I know they say not to smooth baby's or young children's skin, but I just love this effect and do it anyway. After that, I used a couple Florabella textures on very low opacity, Chocolate milk at 14% and another one (I forgot which) at about 30% opacity. I usually like to crop, but I thought the angle and framing of this one were already perfect to begin with.

I don't know how to do frames yet, but I would love to put this in a swirly frame with some lovely flourishes. Maybe next time. For other clever editing ideas click on the button below.

No comments: