Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Chloe's First Day of School




Pearl started her second year of preschool yesterday, but today was the very first day of school for Chloe. She has been very excited about this day for a very long time. She has also been amazingly fussy and impossible this week. I don't know if the two are related, but she did express some fears yesterday about "bad kids" being mean to her.

We reassured her as only parents can and prepared her as best we could the night before. We took her to the school this morning and I think there were at least two adults for every child there. The first 15 minutes was just playing in the playground and we took an opportunity to take a couple of pictures. Every few minutes, Chloe would ask "Are you checking on me?", because of course, I told her yesterday that I would check on her. Finally, she looked at us and said we could go home now; she was fine. After being dismissed, we left, apparently earlier than most of the other parents. I think Chloe is gonna be just fine.

2 comments:

Lauren and Ed said...

Congrats to Chloe. She looks so happy and cute in her school pictures. I bet she had a blast!

Anonymous said...

Lori and Pete,
I have so much fun reading your blog about the girls. Jason's boys had to go home to start school last week and boy do we miss them. It was a wonderful summer experience and one that we hope to repeat. Good luck in everything and tell Chris welcome to the USA.
Your Cousins,
Bruce & Lorene