Monday, July 14, 2008

Mother of the Year Award


This just in. No one else need apply this fiscal year. My daughter Chloe just informed me that I was awarded the title "Mother of the Year". As proof, she bestowed upon me this beautiful trophy (which looks a little like building blocks). It is surprisingly similar to the table centerpiece she gave me just last week.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank my two beautiful daughters, one long-suffering exchange daughter from Beijing, and all the animals we have managed to keep alive for another year. I couldn't have done it without my wonderful partner who steps in to batt by taking the girls to the park so that I can sew them clothes and do laundry. He also stops by the grocery store almost daily and brings me what he wants for dinner. All I have to do is cook it! When I am not at work designing and building police departments and animal shelters, I am busy playing Candyland and watching Elmo and Cailou with my family. Awww! This is the life.

3 comments:

Mission To Macie said...

Ohhhhhhhh congratulations!

I must say I am most impressed with the hubby that makes up his mind what he wants to eat and then brings it to you.........I MUST KNOW YOUR SECRET!

LOL

Jill :)

p.s. i am also most impressed with all that fancy sewing your doing!!!

Somewhere In The Sun said...

That is just beautiful! I love that it looks like your table centerpiece. That's so sweet!

I too am impressed with your hubby bringing home dinner! I've never even heard of that! :D

~Lynn

Donna said...

Congrats! Great trophy too! ;)

Donna