Wednesday, July 09, 2008

New Sewing Website



My first two sewing projects were the matching butterfly tops in the post, "I Can Sew". These were inspired by another mom of a Chinese daughter a little bit younger than Chloe and Pearl. If you like these tops, she is making them for sale in some really cute retro fabrics. I am not ready to go into the sewing business; I prefer to do it for fun and relaxation, so I don't mind giving Lynn a plug. She has a lot of orders already.

You can see her new site here. She will be making twirl skorts soon, as will I. I cannot wait to see how they come out. I hope I can make one or two this coming weekend.


Chloe and Pearl are doing great. We had to leave them with a babysitter last night so that Mom and Dad could attend an important Rotary Club dinner. We dont' leave them very often, since we get so little time with them to begin with. I felt so terrible when Chloe came up to me just as we were leaving and exclaimed, "Mommy, I didn't get any lovin' time yet." She had the saddest look on her face as she clung to my leg. Not to be ignored, Pearl started in similarly and it was tough getting out the door with no tears. We had a fun time, but it was so good to get home to the girls and we ended up letting them stay up pretty late, just so we could hang out together.

3 comments:

Somewhere In The Sun said...

How sweet you are to give my new site a plug! I really appreciate it. I can't wait to see what else you are going to make. You are really fast!

~Lynn

mommy24treasures said...

oh I love your creations! Good job!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for leaving a note on my blog! I live in Shafter too. My Mom just put Bakersfield on my Etsy site to keep it general. I live on Oleander. Etsy is great!! I'm having a lot of fun selling and getting to know everyone in the Etsy world. Your girls are so sweet!
Cambria Tudor